Welcome to the Opposite Title Puzzle Challenge for Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon! It’s hour 21. Are you starting to feel like this?
Well if you are, then I have a fun challenge for you.
Take one of the books you are reading for the read-a-thon and change all the words to be the exact opposite.
Some examples (real titles on the right):
- Of Rats and Women = Of Mice and Men
- Here with the Breeze = Gone with the Wind
- The Life Disease = The Death Cure
A couple of rules:
- There must be the same number of words as the original title. “Gone with the Wind” has four words so your opposite title for that book would have to have 4 words.
- You don’t have to change words like “the,” “and,” “of,” “in” etc.
Leave your opposite title creation (with the answer!) in the comments along with your email so I can contact the winner. I will pick the most creative one to win a $10 gift card to either Amazon or a $20 book of your choice from the Book Depository. I will also randomly select a second winner from all the entries for a $5 gift card from iTunes or Amazon. The winners will be announced on the Dewey’s 24-hour Read-a-thon site in 3 hours. You must be a read-a-thon participant to enter this giveaway. Good luck!
The winner is,,,,
Jessica with her Answery Sitter for Riddley Walker. I thought that one looked so hard to do and she came up with a great title!
I read all the entries. The titles you guys came up with are so funny!
The second winner is….
#26 – D. Ann
Thanks for entering! I’ve emailed the winners.